I already have the ports that the CLI is trying to use (8080, 5432) occupied. Can I change the ports when starting a project?

Yes you can! By default, astro airflow start will start your project with the Airflow web server exposed at port 8080 and postgres exposed at 5432. You can change this by specifying the ports you want used in your config.yaml file.

project:
  name: demo
webserver:
  port: 8081
postgres:
  port: 5435

Note: Your config.yaml file is in a hidden .astro directory in the initialized project folder. You can find it by either opening your project in a text editor or by running ls -a from the command line.

3 Likes

Quick addition here that if you need to change the host instead of the port, check out this forum post.

One more addition here because I had trouble figuring it out- that config.yaml file is in a hidden .astro directory in the initialized project folder. You can find it by either opening your project in a text editor or by running ls -a from the command line.

1 Like

Hi, I am using astro CLI and have set my webserver to a different port using this method. However, when I setup an smtp email connection to (e.g.) “email_on_failure”, the hyperlink to the “Log” and to “Mark success” in the email that is sent both still point to port 8080. How/where can I change the generated link so that I don’t have to edit the port in the browser each time I want to check the log for a failed task?

Thanks!