Error loading shared library libstdc++.so.6: No such file or directory (needed by /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pandas/_libs/window.cpython-36m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so)

Issue

If you’re trying to connect to either Redshift or Postgres and running Pandas somewhere in your code, you might come across the following error:

Error loading shared library libstdc++.so.6: No such file or directory
(needed by /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pandas/_libs/window.cpython
-36m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so)

Fix

This is a pandas-related compatibility issue akin to this. The solve is similar - add the following to your packages.txt:

libgcrypt=
libxslt-dev
g++
libstdc++

That should do the trick.

Thanks, I’ll try this now.

FYI I ran into this error in a new environment that has no code uploaded or packages.txt - I was testing a manually added database connection

I’ve edited packages.txt to match the above then run astro airflow deploy

I select my airflow deployment then get this error:

> 1
Deploying: new-meteoroid-3814
new-meteoroid-3814/airflow
Building image...
Sending build context to Docker daemon  10.24kB
Step 1/1 : FROM astronomerinc/ap-airflow:0.7.5-1.9.0-onbuild
# Executing 5 build triggers
 ---> Running in 5d3989f4b40a
fetch http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.8/main/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz
fetch http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.8/community/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz
ERROR: unsatisfiable constraints:
  libgcrypt-1.8.3-r1:
    breaks: world[libgcrypt=1.8.3-r0]
    satisfies:
               libxslt-1.1.33-r1[so:libgcrypt.so.20]
The command '/bin/sh -c cat packages.txt | xargs apk add --no-cache' returned a non-zero code: 123
Error: command 'docker build -t new-meteoroid-3814/airflow:latest failed: failed to execute cmd: exit status 123

Hi @ollieglass! We ended up sorting this out via support, but for anyone else following - the error on astro airflow deploy posted above is caused by an incompatibility related to the libgcrypt package we added above.

As a fix, remove the tag from the package. In your packages.txt, replace libgcrypt=1.8.3-r0 with just libgcrypt- that’ll install the latest version of the package.