CLI: `Error checking feature flag API error (400)`

I’m getting the following error whenever I execute astro (install via homebrew) on the CLI.

Error checking feature flag API error (400): {"errors":[{"message":"Cannot query field \"smtpConfigured\" on type \"AppConfig\".","locations":[{"line":6,"column":4}],"extensions":{"code":"GRAPHQL_VALIDATION_FAILED"},"level":"ERROR","timestamp":"2022-01-21T15:19:53"},{"message":"Cannot query field \"manualReleaseNames\" on type \"AppConfig\".","locations":[{"line":7,"column":4}],"extensions":{"code":"GRAPHQL_VALIDATION_FAILED"},"level":"ERROR","timestamp":"2022-01-21T15:19:53"},{"message":"Cannot query field \"configureDagDeployment\" on type \"AppConfig\".","locations":[{"line":8,"column":4}],"extensions":{"code":"GRAPHQL_VALIDATION_FAILED"},"level":"ERROR","timestamp":"2022-01-21T15:19:53"},{"message":"Cannot query field \"nfsMountDagDeployment\" on type \"AppConfig\".","locations":[{"line":9,"column":4}],"extensions":{"code":"GRAPHQL_VALIDATION_FAILED"},"level":"ERROR","timestamp":"2022-01-21T15:19:53"},{"message":"Cannot query field \"manualNamespaceNames\" on type \"AppConfig\".","locations":[{"line":10,"column":4}],"extensions":{"code":"GRAPHQL_VALIDATION_FAILED"},"level":"ERROR","timestamp":"2022-01-21T15:19:53"},{"message":"Cannot query field \"hardDeleteDeployment\" on type \"AppConfig\".","locations":[{"line":11,"column":4}],"extensions":{"code":"GRAPHQL_VALIDATION_FAILED"},"level":"ERROR","timestamp":"2022-01-21T15:19:53"},{"message":"Cannot query field \"triggererEnabled\" on type \"AppConfig\".","locations":[{"line":12,"column":4}],"extensions":{"code":"GRAPHQL_VALIDATION_FAILED"},"level":"ERROR","timestamp":"2022-01-21T15:19:53"},{"message":"Cannot query field \"featureFlags\" on type \"AppConfig\".","locations":[{"line":13,"column":4}],"extensions":{"code":"GRAPHQL_VALIDATION_FAILED"},"level":"ERROR","timestamp":"2022-01-21T15:19:53"}]}

Otherwise the installation seems to work. I was able to trigger a dag using astronomer.

Hi @manifolded ! I’m sorry to hear you ran into this. Are you still seeing this issue? GraphQL errors are typically indicative of an issue connecting to Astronomer’s API, not a local issue or anything related to whether you’re running on an Apple M1 machine. It often happens if you’re running a version of the CLI that’s ahead of the version that your Astronomer platform supports. You may need to downgrade.

If you’re still seeing this issue -

1. Run $ astro auth login and complete the authentication flow
  2. Run $ astro version

If you’re authenticated, the output of this command might be something like -

Your Astro CLI Version (0.27.1) is ahead of the server version (0.26.5).
Consider downgrading your Astro CLI to match.

If that’s the case and you need to downgrade, you can:

1. Go to Astronomer CLI Repo
  2. Identify the latest patch version of the major.minor release that matches your running version of Astronomer
  3. Install that version of the CLI by following this doc for instructions.

Hope this helps!