Tasks stop working after 5 minutes

Hey guys,

Somehow it looks like that no matter what I do, after a few minutes nothing works anymore. At first everything starts as usual, but then no more tasks start.
I have already re-deployed via the cli and changed the value AIRFLOW__SCHEDULER__RUN_DURATION. Unfortunately nothing helps.
All tasks are stuck.

Can you help me with this?

Cheers, Johannes

If this is on Astronomer Cloud and still an issue, send a support ticket in support@astronomer.io and we can investigate.

Hey, unfortunately, it looks like the problem is back.

For a while, things were good in my astronomer deployment. Now that the number of dags (dynamically created) is growing, I seem to be having the same problem again. The scheduler is stuck and in the logs I permanently get the message “{scheduler_job.py:214} WARNING - Killing PID 5866”. I have already increased the scheduler to 20 AU and also the “AIRFLOW__CORE__DAGBAG_IMPORT_TIMEOUT” to 60. But it seems to be of no use.

I really hope you can help me!

Sorry to hear this, have you filed a support issue to support@astronomer.io? We can dig in and see what’s going on.

Thanks for your answer. I haven’t filed an issue yet. But I hope I have already solved the problem.
My deployment was still running on 1.10.5 and I use some Google Bigquery operators. In this version there was logging inside the init function. This seems to have been the problem.
I have now updated to version 1.10.7 and everything works again.

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like