Unable to launch Astronomer

Posting here in case someone has a suggestion.

I’m able to run a completely blank Astronomer project, but not the project that my team is using as our starting project for development. Two of my colleagues have Macs and have no problem. One of my colleagues has Windows 10 (like me) and was able to get it running under Windows (not WSL 2).

When I clone the repo and trigger “astro dev estart”, it processes for a while until it gets to the requirements.txt. At that point, every “pip install” returns:

WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, ‘[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1129)’))’: /simple/apache-airflow-providers-sftp/

After a bunch of these errors, a few more messages appear:

Removing intermediate container 9b2aaee58c7a
—> Running in 3c8dff120cf5
Removing intermediate container 3c8dff120cf5
—> c75dad89330a
Successfully built c75dad89330a
Successfully tagged data-engineering-airflow_6a7f56/airflow:latest
SECURITY WARNING: You are building a Docker image from Windows against a non-Windows Docker host. All files and directories added to build context will have ‘-rwxr-xr-x’ permissions. It is recommended to double check and reset permissions for sensitive files and directories.

Use ‘docker scan’ to run Snyk tests against images to find vulnerabilities and learn how to fix them
Env file “.env” not found. Skipping…
Error: Top-level object must be a mapping

I’ve tried quite a few times with no success. TIA for any suggestions you may have.

Mark Evans
Merkle PL&S