Airflow 1.10.10 on Astronomer

Hi,

can i deploy Airflow 1.10.10 to Astronomer? I changed my local Image to astronomerinc/ap-airflow:1.10.10-alpine3.10-onbuild and everything works fine. I tried to deploy but got this warning:
WARNING! You are about to push an image using the ‘1.10.10-alpine3.10-onbuild’ tag. This is not recommended.
Please use one of the following tags: 1.10.7-alpine3.10-onbuild, 1.10.6-alpine3.10-onbuild, 1.10.5-alpine3.10-onbuild.

Thanks for the Help :raising_hand_man:

Hi @Jonnyblacklabel! We released an “Astronomer Certified” image of Airflow 1.10.10 in late April, but it is not yet compatible with Astronomer Cloud. A few notes below.

Airflow 1.10.10 Support on Astronomer Cloud

We plan to upgrade Cloud to the latest version of Astronomer (v0.14) within the next 1-2 weeks, which will include support with 1.10.10. Here are some resources for what 1.10.10 includes:

In the meantime, do note that we have a 1.10.7-10 image available that includes a lot features in 1.10.10 that we backported given the gap in support on our platform :arrow_down:

Astronomer Certified 1.10.10 Locally

Although 1.10.10 is not yet compatible with Astronomer Cloud, you’re free to test it out locally. The support images are:

Alpine: astronomerinc/ap-airflow:1.10.10-alpine3.10-onbuild
Debian: astronomerinc/ap-airflow:1.10.10-buster-onbuild

Astronomer Certified 1.10.7-10 on Astronomer

Given the gap in support for 1.10.10, we backported a handful of features (including the popular Secret Backend functionality) into a 1.10.7-10 image that is compatible (and will continue to be) on Astronomer Cloud and most Astronomer Enterprise versions.

To use the image, 2 options:

1. Override your locally cached image by running:

• docker pull astronomerinc/ap-airflow:1.10.7-10-alpine3.10-onbuild (Alpine) OR FROM astronomerinc/ap-airflow:1.10.7-10-buster3.10-onbuild (Debian)

2. Pin your Dockerfile to that particular build by replacing your FROM statement with:

• FROM astronomerinc/ap-airflow:1.10.7-10-alpine3.10-onbuild (Alpine) OR Debian image above
  • If you do this, you’ll have to manually update your Dockerfile everytime we push out a new minor release (if you’d like to use it)

For reference, here’s the changelog for this image: https://github.com/astronomer/ap-airflow/blob/master/1.10.7/CHANGELOG.md

Has this been done yet? I’d like to move to Airflow 1.10.10 but wanted to ensure Astronomer Cloud has worked out the kinks with it already.

Hi @jfagan! It sure has :smiley: Astronomer Cloud is now fully compatible with Airflow 1.10.10.

In short, you can now update your Dockerfile with the following image (assumes Debian, not Alpine):

FROM astronomerinc/ap-airflow:1.10.10-buster-onbuild

Here’s a doc that walks you through the process and includes a reference to our parallel Alpine image: https://www.astronomer.io/docs/airflow-versioning/

1 Like